Tempest Recruitment are now Recruiting for a Night Chef for a City Centre located hotel in Dublin.
Job Purpose: To assist the Head Chef to organise and control all aspects of the daily catering operation regarding profitability and quality delivery of the business.
To supervise, control and execute all aspects of the production of meals within budgetary guidelines and to comply with the client, company, and statutory regulations
- To ensure all company and statutory regulations pertaining to health & safety, hygiene & fire are always adhered to.
- To ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene as to comply with company and statutory regulations
- To wear the correct standard of dress or uniform always
- To ensure that all company and client contracts are acted upon in the manner which best serves the company interests
- To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your working hours
- To ensure only recognised company procedures as outlined in the company manuals are in place at the unit.
- To ensure the production of food to the highest quality and service standards using current trends in cooking techniques and new commodities
- To assist the senior chef in develop and progress the business in line with high street trends
- To plan, coordinate and order all food requirements if requested
- To adhere to standard recipes and production planning in line with client numbers
- To actively build good client relationships.
- To ensure the prompt service of meals and services at required times to the company’s standard and to the satisfaction of the clients.
- To ensure that the meals and services comply with the agreed budgetary standard and cost.
- To ensure that nominated suppliers are being used to provide the relevant supplies.
- To effectively communicate with all the team on a regular basis, participate in monthly documented team briefings and weekly management team meetings.
- To support the Chef Manager in determine training needs for the team.
- To be able take overall responsibility in absence of the senior chef for all activities in catering areas.
- To ensure all kitchen areas are always left clean and tidy
- To ensure that all stores and other areas of potential loss are secured
- To carry out any reasonable senior management request.
- To receive and implement any training required
- Infrequent Duties:
- To assist at any special duties or functions which may fall outside of normal working hours
- To report any customer complaints or compliments and take remedial action wherever possible
- To attend meetings, courses and training sessions as may be necessary from time to time
- To relieve and assist in other areas within the unit or other establishments.
|Job Category||Hospitality Staff|